UPIN Numbers

  • Denise
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2007
      Is Medicare using UPIN numbers anymore? I've heard with the NPI that UPIN numbers will no longer be used...
      Denise
      Patient Accounts Manager
      Eagle Point Medical Center
      Eagle Point, OR

    • Zia Clarkson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2007
        yes they're using both as everyone transitions to being on board with the NPIs

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2007
          Here's the most recent information I've seen. And yes, they are
          still using both, under Medicare's contingency plan.

          https://www.noridianmedicare.com/provider/updates/docs/mm5584_upin_reg
          is_discontinued.pdf

          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Denise <denise64atwork@...>