AR Days

  • seankeller7
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
      What is the Best Way to calculate the Days in AR (AR Days)?
    • debbie brosnan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
        Sean, I have a formula however, I would be back to work until monday. If you dont have an answer by then. email me and I'll give you my formula.

        Have a great weekend

        Deb

        seankeller7 <seankeller7@...> wrote:
        What is the Best Way to calculate the Days in AR (AR Days)?

      • DoN
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
          Hi there

          To calculate the best AR would be 45 or less than 45 days from the Claim billed date.

          Do respond Please

          Thank you

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
            Hi Debbie

            I would be happy if you please send the formula even to me

            Thank you

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
              Sean,

              Total A/R on the last day of the Month / Total
              payments received during that month. This should
              produce a number ranging from 2.5 to 5. Whatever
              number you get then mutiple by 30.

              Regards,
              Joktan

              --- DoN <hug_me_sum@...> wrote:

              > Hi there
              >
              > To calculate the best AR would be 45 or less than 45
              > days from the Claim billed date.
              >
              > Do respond Please
              >
              > Thank you

              Contact Details:
              Joktan R Edison
              Voice: +9 198490 36217

              http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
            • debbie brosnan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
                I'll post it on monday,. Unfortunately its in my desk at my primary place of employment and today I am working at my part time job.

                Have a great weekend and stay on the sunny side of life

                Deb

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
                    Hi Sean, Check the explanation below for calculating AR days for a practice.

                    Begin by picking a sample size that exceeds your expected number of
                    A/R Days. If you do not already have some sense of your A/R Days, I
                    recommend using a quarterly sample, as it will help adjust for typical
                    pediatric seasonal fluctuations and, for most practices, a 90 day
                    sample will exceed their A/R Days.

                    From that 90 day sample, add up your total charges. Divide this figure
                    by the number of days you sampled (in this instance, 90). This gives
                    you your "average daily charge." Divide your Total A/R by your average
                    daily charge and the result is A/R Days.

                    Days in Accounts Receivable = Total Accounts Receivable divided by the
                    Average Daily Charge

                    Average Daily Charge = (Average Monthly Charge X < BR > 12 Months)
                    divided by 365 days

                    This is an indication of how quickly the practice is converting its
                    receivables (charges) into cash. The ratio estimates how many days of
                    charges have not yet been collected.

                    Regards,

                    Srijai