Re: want to start my own business

  • JDBillSys@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 9, 1999
      In a message dated 8/9/1999 4:51:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
      Bizopsmart@... writes:

      << I am new to the list. My name is Linda Walker and I own a billing service
      in
      NJ. I have over 13 years experience in medical claims. >>

      Welcome Linda! I am sure you will find this list a great place to network w/
      other billers---I think but am not sure that there a couple of others from
      NJ. It also sounds like you will be a great resource with your years of
      experience!

      Hope to hear more from you!

      Bethany Daniels
      JD Billing Systems
    • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
        In a message dated 8/9/99 6:05:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, VickiD756@...
        writes:

        << ne of the main questions i have is how hard is it to get the doctors to go
        with you. can you really start a business at home with out going to classes
        for it? i have checked into mediworks, has anyone used them before? just a
        few to get started i have many. (questions that is) :)
        vicki >>

        Hello Vicki,

        Just wanted you to know...that I have had to make a few web pages and have
        not had the time to check out mediworks...but will soon. Thank you for the
        information!

        Jo An
      • Bizopsmart@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
          In a message dated 8/10/99 8:02:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Reeki8@...
          writes:

          << << ne of the main questions i have is how hard is it to get the doctors to
          go
          with you. can you really start a business at home with out going to classes
          for it? i have checked into mediworks, has anyone used them before? just a
          few to get started i have many. (questions that is) :)
          vicki >>

          Vikki,
          Please be very careful with companies such as Mediworks. I receive many
          emails about thsi comapny and similar ones in operation. One of the things
          you want to be careful of is the ones that misrepresent the business making
          it seem much easier than it is. For example: On Mediworks website you'll find
          this :
          "With states now mandating that providers submit their medicare claims
          electronically, "

          Most of the companies that give a statement like this usually create the
          sense of urgency by telling you it will be mandatory by the year 2000 to
          submit electronic claims. This is false information. What you will see
          "someday" is insurance carriers being mandated to "receive" electronic
          claims. There is no mandate in force that will force providers to file
          electronic. There may be some states that charge a small p/claim penalty for
          not filing electronic to Medicaid. but that's it, and I think I've only seen
          one state (NY) do that.

          Be very very careful of these companies that offer opportunities for $300 -
          $500. This is a very unrealistic investment. Medical billing is more than
          claims processing and these companies don't tell you about all the other
          aspects involved. A more realistic investment is between $3000 and up.

          For more information you can visit a website I created to help prevent people
          like yourself from being scammed. I don't sell any services there. It's all
          free.

          Linda Walker
          <A HREF="http://www.bizopsmarts.com/">Don't get scammed! Get Bizop
          Smart!</A>
          <A HREF="http://www.walkerinc.com/">123 Medical Billing</A>
        • MISSDEBT@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
            Hi Vicki..I just purchased the mediworks software, but have not received it
            yet.. Do you have it now.. I would love to hear what you think about it.. I
            will let you know when mine arrives..
            Sandy from Texas..
          • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
              Yup Yup Yup... southern New Jersey here. would love to go into business with
              any fellow NJans.

              Tara
            • Bizopsmart@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
                In a message dated 8/10/99 9:01:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                TLCBillInc@... writes:

                << Yup Yup Yup... southern New Jersey here. would love to go into business
                with
                any fellow NJans. >>

                Tara,
                I'm in Central NJ (Ocean County). :-)