Re: want to start my own business

  • JDBillSys@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 9, 1999
      In a message dated 8/9/1999 12:27:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
      VickiD756@... writes:

      << i would like to start my own business in billing, but before i put all the
      money into it, i would like to talk to someone that is actually doing it at
      home. would someone that is working at home please e-mail me so i can ask
      some questions. >>

      Vicki,

      I would love to answer any of your questions!

      A couple of questions for you, do you have any experience in the medical
      billing field? what area do you live in?

      I am starting my own medical billing service in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I
      have had no hands-on experience in medical billing, I am just working from
      education and resources.

      If I can help you with anything, let me know!!!

      Bethany Daniels
      JD Billing Systems
    • Gbmcnerney@xx.xxx
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 9, 1999
        HOW DO YOU GET DOCTORS TO CHANGE OVER TO THE HOME BASED BILLING? I CAN'T
        SEEM TO GET ANY RESPONSES....
      • Bizopsmart@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 9, 1999
          In a message dated 8/9/99 9:10:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Gbmcnerney@...
          writes:

          << HOW DO YOU GET DOCTORS TO CHANGE OVER TO THE HOME BASED BILLING? I CAN'T
          SEEM TO GET ANY RESPONSES.. >>

          What is your experience in medical billing? What type of marketing have you
          done?
          Knowing what you have done so far will help everyone get a better idea on how
          to help.

          Linda Walker
          http://www.walkerinc.com
          http://www.bizopsmarts.com
        • JDBillSys@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 9, 1999
            In a message dated 8/9/1999 4:51:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
            Bizopsmart@... writes:

            << I am new to the list. My name is Linda Walker and I own a billing service
            in
            NJ. I have over 13 years experience in medical claims. >>

            Welcome Linda! I am sure you will find this list a great place to network w/
            other billers---I think but am not sure that there a couple of others from
            NJ. It also sounds like you will be a great resource with your years of
            experience!

            Hope to hear more from you!

            Bethany Daniels
            JD Billing Systems
          • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
              In a message dated 8/9/99 6:05:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, VickiD756@...
              writes:

              << ne of the main questions i have is how hard is it to get the doctors to go
              with you. can you really start a business at home with out going to classes
              for it? i have checked into mediworks, has anyone used them before? just a
              few to get started i have many. (questions that is) :)
              vicki >>

              Hello Vicki,

              Just wanted you to know...that I have had to make a few web pages and have
              not had the time to check out mediworks...but will soon. Thank you for the
              information!

              Jo An
            • Bizopsmart@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
                In a message dated 8/10/99 8:02:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Reeki8@...
                writes:

                << << ne of the main questions i have is how hard is it to get the doctors to
                go
                with you. can you really start a business at home with out going to classes
                for it? i have checked into mediworks, has anyone used them before? just a
                few to get started i have many. (questions that is) :)
                vicki >>

                Vikki,
                Please be very careful with companies such as Mediworks. I receive many
                emails about thsi comapny and similar ones in operation. One of the things
                you want to be careful of is the ones that misrepresent the business making
                it seem much easier than it is. For example: On Mediworks website you'll find
                this :
                "With states now mandating that providers submit their medicare claims
                electronically, "

                Most of the companies that give a statement like this usually create the
                sense of urgency by telling you it will be mandatory by the year 2000 to
                submit electronic claims. This is false information. What you will see
                "someday" is insurance carriers being mandated to "receive" electronic
                claims. There is no mandate in force that will force providers to file
                electronic. There may be some states that charge a small p/claim penalty for
                not filing electronic to Medicaid. but that's it, and I think I've only seen
                one state (NY) do that.

                Be very very careful of these companies that offer opportunities for $300 -
                $500. This is a very unrealistic investment. Medical billing is more than
                claims processing and these companies don't tell you about all the other
                aspects involved. A more realistic investment is between $3000 and up.

                For more information you can visit a website I created to help prevent people
                like yourself from being scammed. I don't sell any services there. It's all
                free.

                Linda Walker
                <A HREF="http://www.bizopsmarts.com/">Don't get scammed! Get Bizop
                Smart!</A>
                <A HREF="http://www.walkerinc.com/">123 Medical Billing</A>
              • MISSDEBT@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
                  Hi Vicki..I just purchased the mediworks software, but have not received it
                  yet.. Do you have it now.. I would love to hear what you think about it.. I
                  will let you know when mine arrives..
                  Sandy from Texas..
                • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
                    Yup Yup Yup... southern New Jersey here. would love to go into business with
                    any fellow NJans.

                    Tara
                  • Bizopsmart@xxx.xxx
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 10, 1999
                      In a message dated 8/10/99 9:01:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      TLCBillInc@... writes:

                      << Yup Yup Yup... southern New Jersey here. would love to go into business
                      with
                      any fellow NJans. >>

                      Tara,
                      I'm in Central NJ (Ocean County). :-)