Re: [MedicalBillers] Re: are cosmetic billing codes and procedures more compicated

  • Sandee Lai
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
      It depends on what type of costemic billing you are doing., Medicare will only pay for certian ones like blephroplasty. Most cosmetic billing is on a cash pay basis.

      djgeisel <djgeisel@...> wrote: Terminology, codes and modifiers and maybe some modifier codes that
      indicate body parts worked on, but you can find those online if you
      are diligent in your search. Then there are code books you can buy
      too! You may also find a yahoo group that specializes in cosmetic
      surgery. I think you have an advantage if you already know something
      about billing for surgery. Best of luck! Diana

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "J. Scott Gleaton"
      <alcowboy03@...> wrote:

      > I would be willing to take it on if you do not. I would like to
      get setup at home doing medical billing. I would not think that
      there is any difference than any other specialty. You just have to
      get used to the terminology.

      > Scott Gleaton

    • J. Scott Gleaton
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
        You are correct Sandee. Most insurances do not cover cosemtic surgery unless it is needed due to an accident or something like that. In other words, a NECESSARY surgery.

        Scott

        djgeisel <djgeisel@charter. net> wrote: Terminology, codes and modifiers and maybe some modifier codes that

        <alcowboy03@ ...> wrote:

        > I would be willing to take it on if you do not. I would like to
        get setup at home doing medical billing. I would not think that
        there is any difference than any other specialty. You just have to
        get used to the terminology.

        > Scott Gleaton

      • djgeisel
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
          I wonder if you really mean plastic surgery or if you mean cosmetic
          surgery?

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
            Both