NDCMedisoft ver 10 (basic)

  • Sherri
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2006
      Is a copay entered as a charge on the transaction page? then as a
      payment?

      (I noticed if you enter a copay amount in the case window there is a
      pop up when you go to the transactions page telling you they have a
      copay. I am assuming you physically have to enter this for each visit,
      the pop up just reminds you.)
    • J. Scott Gleaton
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2006
        I am not using that particular software, but my intuitition says that it is only allowing the user to be aware that this patient owes a certain copay. The actual payment would be entered through the payment module as a self-pay payment on the account towards that specific DOS. Just remember that copay is applied to the office visit and not any other procedure on the service. Coinsurance diffs would be applied to the specific procedure it applies to. IE: COINS of 9.67 for Alabama Medicare on 99213 CPT.

        Scott

        Sherri <sheriberi511@...> wrote:
        Is a copay entered as a charge on the transaction page? then as a
        payment?

        (I noticed if you enter a copay amount in the case window there is a
        pop up when you go to the transactions page telling you they have a
        copay. I am assuming you physically have to enter this for each visit,
        the pop up just reminds you.)

        10515 US Hwy 431
        LaFayette AL 36862-5421
        Telephone: (334) 559-6946
        Moderator: Yahoo Group ALMT

        As for me and my house
        __[] _____
        ¸...¸ /____ /\____\__
        ,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\____\ __\
        ```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±±
        ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°
        We will serve the Lord.

      • Sherri
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2006
          Thanks for the help.

          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "J. Scott Gleaton"
          <alcowboy03@...> wrote:

          > I am not using that particular software, but my intuitition says
          that it is only allowing the user to be aware that this patient owes
          a certain copay. The actual payment would be entered through the
          payment module as a self-pay payment on the account towards that
          specific DOS. Just remember that copay is applied to the office
          visit and not any other procedure on the service. Coinsurance diffs
          would be applied to the specific procedure it applies to. IE: COINS
          of 9.67 for Alabama Medicare on 99213 CPT.

          > Scott
          >
          > Sherri <sheriberi511@...> wrote:
          > Is a copay entered as a charge on the transaction page?
          then as a
          > payment?
          >
          > (I noticed if you enter a copay amount in the case window there is
          > pop up when you go to the transactions page telling you they have a
          > copay. I am assuming you physically have to enter this for each
          visit,
          > the pop up just reminds you.)
          >

          > 10515 US Hwy 431
          > LaFayette AL 36862-5421
          > Telephone: (334) 559-6946
          > Moderator: Yahoo Group ALMT
          >
          > As for me and my house
          > __[] _____
          > ¸...¸ /____ /\____\__
          > ,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\____\ __\
          > ```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±±
          > ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°
          > We will serve the Lord.

        • Rich Christopherson
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 12, 2006
            Hi Sherri,

            I enter a co-pay through the payments screen. I show it as a patient
            payment with it being applied to the proper account (CACOPAY) versus the
            insurance.

            The pop-up is just to remind the office staff that there is a co-pay for
            that particular patient. If you are doing this just as a business, not
            interfaced with the office, then I'd just ignore the co-pay block and
            not enter it. Otherwise, put it in as a reminder to the staff to
            collect the co-pay :)

            Have fun

            Rich