Medisoft ver. 10

  • Sherri
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2006
      I am new to medical billing and i am using medisoft version 10. In
      order to use medicare as a primary and have a secondary insurance, do
      you need to make 2 case files on that person to have 2 different sets
      of dx codes? (i understand that medicare has its own set of dx codes.)
      rather than just using the tabs policy 1 and policy 2?

      any feedback would be appreciated

      thanks,

      sheri
    • J. Scott Gleaton
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 2006
        You should not have to do that. Medicare accepts ICD-9 codes for the diagnoses. I am not familiar with using Medisoft but you shoudl be able to just put Medicare primary and put the secondary in under another tab.

        Scott

        Sherri <sheriberi511@...> wrote:
        I am new to medical billing and i am using medisoft version 10. In
        order to use medicare as a primary and have a secondary insurance, do
        you need to make 2 case files on that person to have 2 different sets
        of dx codes? (i understand that medicare has its own set of dx codes.)
        rather than just using the tabs policy 1 and policy 2?

        any feedback would be appreciated

        thanks,

        sheri

        10515 US Hwy 431
        LaFayette AL 36862-5421
        Telephone: (334) 559-6946
        Moderator: Yahoo Group ALMT

        As for me and my house
        __[] _____
        ¸...¸ /____ /\____\__
        ,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\____\ __\
        ```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±±
        ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°
        We will serve the Lord.

      • Rich Christopherson
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 2006
          Hi Sheri,

          I also use Medisoft V.10 and to reply to your question. No, you only
          use one case as long as it's a Medicare primary and a commercial
          secondary. Everyone uses the same Diagnosis codes. Some of the
          procedure codes are specific to Medicare but you will just set them up
          as a normal procedure code

          Rich

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 16, 2006
            I believe Sheri was thinking of the HCPCS codes, which are relative to Medicare. However, Sheri you treat those just the same as ICD-9. Rich is correct in what he is telling you.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2006
              Do you also need to use modifiers? I am billing for a Chiropractor
              and when he was doing his own billing he was using the free
              medicare program to electronically submit claims. He said there were
              a couple of modifiers he needed to use. Not sure if I need these
              with medisoft.

              sherri

              --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Rich Christopherson

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 19, 2006
                Modifiers are definitely used where needed.

                Sherri <sheriberi511@...> wrote: Do you also need to use modifiers? I am billing for a Chiropractor

                <mbasvcs@...> wrote:

                > Hi Sheri,
                >
                > I also use Medisoft V.10 and to reply to your question. No, you
                only
                > use one case as long as it's a Medicare primary and a commercial
                > secondary. Everyone uses the same Diagnosis codes. Some of the
                > procedure codes are specific to Medicare but you will just set
                them up
                > as a normal procedure code
                >
                > Rich
                >

                > > I am new to medical billing and i am using medisoft version 10.
                In
                > > order to use medicare as a primary and have a secondary
                insurance, do
                > > you need to make 2 case files on that person to have 2 different
                sets
                > > of dx codes? (i understand that medicare has its own set of dx
                codes.)
                > > rather than just using the tabs policy 1 and policy 2?

                10515 US Hwy 431
                LaFayette AL 36862-5421
                Telephone: (334) 559-6946
                Moderator: Yahoo Group ALMT

                As for me and my house
                __[] _____
                ¸...¸ /____ /\____\__
                ,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\____\ __\
                ```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±±
                ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°
                We will serve the Lord.

              • djgeisel
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 19, 2006
                  Sherri, I also bill for Chiroratic. Yes with medicare you must use
                  the AT modifier for acute care. You may need othe rmodifiers for
                  other comercial carriers as well, such as on an exam code the 25
                  modifier and for modalities or therapies it may call for a 59
                  modifier. There are also other medicare modifiers depending on what
                  codes and circumstances you have. Are you new to Chiro? Diana
                  --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Sherri" <sheriberi511@...>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 23, 2006
                    yes i am new to chiro billing...

                    --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "djgeisel" <djgeisel@...>