modifiers

  • djgeisel
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 11, 2006
      Does anyone know what the 45 modifier means when appended to a
      consultation code? Diana
    • B Burgess
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
        never heard of a 45 mod. can't find it in the book

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
          Me either! I found it in an article in a trade journal regarding
          consultations and coding. I think it may be a typo. Thanks for the
          response. Diana
          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote:

          > never heard of a 45 mod. can't find it in the book
          >
          > djgeisel <djgeisel@...> wrote:
          >
          > Does anyone know what the 45 modifier means when appended to a
          > consultation code? Diana

        • football80033
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
            --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "djgeisel" <djgeisel@...> wrote:

            > I checked my codecorrect there is no 45 modifier.
            kel

            Kelly Zurfluh
            NCICS

            > Does anyone know what the 45 modifier means when appended to a
            > consultation code? Diana

          • B Burgess
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
              Did they elaborate on what circumstances it would be used for ?? Maybe they meant a 25 mod for a procedure on the same day as a consult ???

              djgeisel <djgeisel@...> wrote: Me either! I found it in an article in a trade journal regarding
              consultations and coding. I think it may be a typo. Thanks for the
              response. Diana
              --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote:

              > never heard of a 45 mod. can't find it in the book
              >
              > djgeisel <djgeisel@...> wrote:
              >
              > Does anyone know what the 45 modifier means when appended to a
              > consultation code? Diana

            • J. Scott Gleaton
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
                do you mean modifier 54? If so, I would not put that with a consultation...

                Scott

                djgeisel <djgeisel@...> wrote:

                Does anyone know what the 45 modifier means when appended to a
                consultation code? Diana

                10515 US Hwy 431
                LaFayette AL 36862-5421
                Telephone: (334) 559-6946
                Moderator: Yahoo Group ALMT

                As for me and my house
                __[] _____
                ¸...¸ /____ /\____\__
                ,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\____\ __\
                ```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±±
                ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°
                We will serve the Lord.

              • s simms
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 13, 2006
                  Hello to all,

                  I will finish up my medical coding course in a few months. Can anyone tell me what an average salary range is for doing coding from home? I want to be able to do coding from home when I'm done with the class.

                  Thanks!!
                  Sue

                • Cyndee Weston
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 13, 2006
                    Sue:

                    It isn't real likely that you will be able to find a job working from home
                    doing coding unless you have your own contacts. Coding requires you to
                    review documentation and that's difficult to do working from home. There are
                    jobs, but not a lot. You will likely have to market yourself and do other
                    odd jobs until you can actually find a provider that will let you work
                    mostly from home or that has all his records online so that you can access
                    them. As far as pay goes, it ranges anywhere from $8 with no experience to
                    $25 and up with good experience. So until you have some experience, that
                    will be a problem for you in finding work and finding work that pays well.

                    Cyndee Weston

                    American Medical Billing Association

                    _____

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 15, 2006
                        Hey Sue, I would go with Mandy and Cyndee. The reason
                        being unless and untill we are not confident in what
                        we are doing we can market ourselves.

                        Regards,
                        Joktan

                        Contact Details:
                        Joktan R Edison
                        Voice: +9 198490 36217

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • dipak dipak
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 24, 2006
                          Hey Joktan

                          From where r u working home or office??? Just kidding...How r u

                          --- Mandy <mandybcoder@...> wrote:

                          > I highly recommend working in an office before you
                          > code from home. There are so many things that you
                          > simply cannot learn in a classroom that are vital to
                          > your job as a coder. I would say that someone who
                          > codes from home needs at least 2 years of in-office
                          > coding experience.
                          >
                          > Cyndee Weston <cyndeew@...> wrote:
                          > Sue:
                          >
                          > It isn't real likely that you will be able to find a
                          > job working from home
                          > doing coding unless you have your own contacts.
                          > Coding requires you to
                          > review documentation and that's difficult to do
                          > working from home. There are
                          > jobs, but not a lot. You will likely have to market
                          > yourself and do other
                          > odd jobs until you can actually find a provider that
                          > will let you work
                          > mostly from home or that has all his records online
                          > so that you can access
                          > them. As far as pay goes, it ranges anywhere from $8
                          > with no experience to
                          > $25 and up with good experience. So until you have
                          > some experience, that
                          > will be a problem for you in finding work and
                          > finding work that pays well.
                          >
                          > Cyndee Weston
                          >
                          > American Medical Billing Association
                          >
                          > _____