WORK AT HOME AS A BILLER

  • blanche2talk
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
      I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED I HAVE WORKED AT HOME FOR
      4 YEARS DOING BILLING FOR 5 DOCTORS AND I AM NOT CERTIFIED BUT I STILL
      BILL WHAT DOCTORS CODE AND I SEND THE BILLING OUT.
      HAVE YOU HEARD THAT YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFIED???
    • Sandra K Morten
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
        Hello blanche2talk,
        Is it possible for you to tell me how you got your clients?
        Nothing that I've tried so far has worked.
        Thank you
        sandyk0924

        blanche2talk <bchavira1@...> wrote:
        I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED I HAVE WORKED AT HOME FOR
        4 YEARS DOING BILLING FOR 5 DOCTORS AND I AM NOT CERTIFIED BUT I STILL
        BILL WHAT DOCTORS CODE AND I SEND THE BILLING OUT.
        HAVE YOU HEARD THAT YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFIED???

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        sandy

      • Cyndee Weston
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
          There is no law or requirement that one must be certified in Medical Billing
          or Coding. However, we don't recommend that billers provide coding services
          unless they are certified in coding as there is a lot of business risk in
          doing so. Our Insurance Carrier that provides Errors and Omissions Insurance
          for AMBA members gives a discount if the member is certified through AMBA
          and they don't insure if the member is providing coding services without a
          certification. That's just one incentive.

          Being certified increases your credibility among physicians because of your
          commitment to your education. They understand education and required
          continued education. That is what sets our billing certification exam apart
          from others - we require 15 annual CEUs (continuing education units) where
          other billing certification exams are a one-time test. Doctors appreciate
          the fact that you will continue your education for years to come if you want
          to keep your credentials up to date. It increases the value of your
          offerings.

          But to recap - there is no requirement, it is strictly based on your choice.

          Cyndee Weston

          AMBA

          _____

          I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED I HAVE WORKED AT HOME FOR
          4 YEARS DOING BILLING FOR 5 DOCTORS AND I AM NOT CERTIFIED BUT I STILL
          BILL WHAT DOCTORS CODE AND I SEND THE BILLING OUT.
          HAVE YOU HEARD THAT YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFIED???

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "MedicalBillers
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MedicalBillers> " on the web.

          _____

        • ejoktan
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
            There is nothing like that one must be certified in Medical Billing
            or Coding. I'm into this business for the last 9 and half years and
            I'm not a Certified though.
            These days almost all the school are bring up new course and they
            have launched this kind. However, I would suggest to get Certified in
            Coding, which would help us in the longrun.

            Regards
            Joktan

            --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "blanche2talk" <bchavira1@...>
            wrote:

            > I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED I HAVE WORKED AT HOME
            FOR
            > 4 YEARS DOING BILLING FOR 5 DOCTORS AND I AM NOT CERTIFIED BUT I
            STILL
            > BILL WHAT DOCTORS CODE AND I SEND THE BILLING OUT.
            > HAVE YOU HEARD THAT YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFIED???

          • dipak dipak
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
              I do 100% agree with Joktan what he says Get a Certificate in Coding...

              Dipak