Billing company developing a solution to rid the problems that billers face

  • petepa71
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2005
      Hello,

      We're billing company developing a solution to rid the problems that
      billers face on a daily basis. We would like your input on this matter:

      - Which medical softwares have you used in your career?

      - What's the best software that you've used in the past?

      - What functions do you wish the software had?

      - What are the top 5 functions that a biller must do to be effective?

      - List the main reasons claims are denied.

      - How can software reduce those denials, if possible?

      - Your compensation package (salary and benefits, if any) as a biller
      / A/R collector.

      Thanks!
    • mandybcoder
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2005
        *I have used Meditech and Mysis in my short career.
        *I feel Meditech is pretty good, Mysis is very outdated.
        *I wish Mysis had too many functions to list here. Mostly - search by
        date of service.
        *Top 5 functions - Accurate procedure coding, knowledge of the
        procedures they are coding, knowledge of diagnoses and disease
        progression, knowledge of insurance policies, ease in communicating
        with physicians.
        *Bundling issues, global surgical periods, and patient demographic
        issues
        *catch endoscopy families, and global surgical periods. Demographic
        issues are simple human error.
        *In my position, the salary range is $13-$18 for coders/billers, $10-
        $15 for collectors, depending on experience.