Re: Need Advice to Avoid Potential Scam.....

  • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
      In a message dated 6/15/99, 8:13:38 AM, MedicalBillers@onelist.com writes:
      << saying, "If it sounds too good to be true...."
      Basically what they're offering is this: the basic "Medisoft" software
      package, a training CD ROM and videotape, a manual showing how to use the
      software, a list of 100 "pre screened" physicians in my state, a>>

      Hello Dave!

      We have thoes ads in our local paper every week. Ours is MediSoft! It is a
      800 number! I am in the State of Michigan.

      Get names of others in the area that have obtained employment thru this
      venture. And call them. I did!

      Dave be oh so careful. It sounds to me like you are already the kind of guy
      that Trusts but verifys all! That is good. ;-)

      Jo An

      NEW SITE!

      http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/medicalterms/MTO.html
    • David Massie
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
        Hi Jo An!
        And a warm "thanks" to you - and to all who have responded to my post so
        far. I can already tell that I'm in the midst of some nice, friendly, and
        caring people!!
        A quick question regarding your post. You mentioned that you had called
        some people in your area who had obtained employment thru these
        "opportunities." What did they have to say? I'm guessing that most of
        them were still trying to get their first clients, but I may well be
        wrong. (I hope I am!) Did any of them report that they'd had positive
        results with the venture?
        If you'd prefer to discuss your findings privately with me, please feel
        absolutely free to email me.
        Thanks!!
        Dave
      • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
          Tammy
          Can you tell me what you have learned about the Infinity Software. I too have
          purchased their "basic package" I have yet to use it but I found out from a
          friend that the clearing house they use does not accept medicare claims. I
          don't remeber what the rep said about it. I have had it since January but
          until I get some experience I am just sitting on it.

          Tara
        • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
            Hello Dave,

            When I called not one had any Clients! I do not know if that is the case
            now.

            Jo An

            :-)
          • Julie Franco
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
              David,
              Home Professions is a scam. The MediSoft software that they sell you is $99
              if you purchase directly through MediSoft or a Preferred MediSoft dealer.
              Secondly, all of the "extras" that come along in their package usually is a
              fraud. I would recommend finding a MediSoft dealer to purchase your
              software. I know, because I was scammed by another company similar to Home
              Professions. It took me almost a year of marketing to get my first client.
              It is possible. But, you most know what your doing inorder to survive in
              this industry. Every thing you do will decide if your doctor gets paid or
              not. This is why many drs are leary to outsource. There are many benefits
              that you can mention to a doctor as to why outsource can benefit them over
              hiring a person in house such as the cost to train and keep that employee up
              to date on current guidelines, health benefits, sick leave, vacation
              benefits, payroll taxes, time lost on job due to interuptions, and so on. I
              hope this information helps. Good Luck.
              Julie Franco
              MediSource Billing Services
              franco@...

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 16, 1999
                Tara,

                I was in some message boards awhile ago, and read all the comments on it. I
                do understand that you have to pay up to $1500.00 to add more doctors, the
                basic only allows up to 99 but all have to have the same number. I am
                looking into new software so I can start my business. I hear MediSoft is
                probably the best one.
                Hope that helps a little.

                Tammy
              • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 16, 1999
                  You are right I didn't find that out until after I purchsed it. All the
                  doctors have to belong to the same practice then they told me it was $900 to
                  get the additional software for the 5 practice. I don't know they said that
                  after 90 days I have the opportunity to send it back but so far I haven't
                  tried... probably won't work...

                  thank Tammy
                  Tara
                • Karla McAuliffe
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 16, 1999
                    David

                    I have invested in NCS(a lot more than the amount you said) and they offer
                    support and set you up with cards and flyers and they offer printing of all
                    the things you need to get started and the programs for medical and dental.
                    And you have a Chose as how you sell this the program and or your work.( you
                    will not be such a threat as an consultant). But you still need to get you
                    clients.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 18, 1999
                      In a message dated 6/15/99 6:19:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, franco@...
                      writes:

                      << Julie Franco
                      MediSource Billing Services
                      franco@... >>

                      Hello Julie,

                      Well written commentary! ;-) Do you have a web page for your company. If
                      so can you send me the URL to reeki8@.... Also I love the name! Very
                      nice!

                      Jo An
                      _____Words of wisdom_______________________________________________
                      " Do Not meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
                      for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
                      (Mommiebirdy/99)

                      (Parrot toys for the discriminating fid!)
                      Visit us at:
                      http://www.bigbirdworld.com/rainforest/reeki8/ayitt.html
                      Mirror stie: http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/toys/ayitt.html
                      WINDCHIMES
                      Turns your computer into a relaxing moment!
                      http://www.syntrillium.com/windchimes/index.html

                      http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/medicalterms/matching.html
                      http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/medicalterms/MTO.html
                    • Jane Lash
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 21, 1999
                        Take a look at www.medisoft-software.com
                        I' think you'll get straight honest answers.
                        JL