Re: Need Advice to Avoid Potential Scam.....

  • Melita P. Bena
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
      Hi David: Welcome! Like you I'm new to the list (about ten days)
      and have been investigating home billing also. I found an ad for
      Home Professions too but was leary about jumping into it. Suggest
      you go through the archives for this list---they are enlightening.
      Although I still have unanswered questions I have decided not to
      take the "opportunity company" approach. Am leaning toward a
      more formal education with a local community college, business
      school or on-line course. It would require more of an investment
      but is strongly suggested by those already in the business.

      Also, you are correct about doctors not being enthusiastic about
      taking on an outside biller.

      Good searching---we'll talk again.

      Melita

      P.S. Am in Northern California now, but have enjoyed a great
      fish meal or two along the Chesapeake in St. Michaels.

    • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
        In a message dated 6/15/99, 8:13:38 AM, MedicalBillers@onelist.com writes:
        << saying, "If it sounds too good to be true...."
        Basically what they're offering is this: the basic "Medisoft" software
        package, a training CD ROM and videotape, a manual showing how to use the
        software, a list of 100 "pre screened" physicians in my state, a>>

        Hello Dave!

        We have thoes ads in our local paper every week. Ours is MediSoft! It is a
        800 number! I am in the State of Michigan.

        Get names of others in the area that have obtained employment thru this
        venture. And call them. I did!

        Dave be oh so careful. It sounds to me like you are already the kind of guy
        that Trusts but verifys all! That is good. ;-)

        Jo An

        NEW SITE!

        http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/medicalterms/MTO.html
      • David Massie
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
          Hi Jo An!
          And a warm "thanks" to you - and to all who have responded to my post so
          far. I can already tell that I'm in the midst of some nice, friendly, and
          caring people!!
          A quick question regarding your post. You mentioned that you had called
          some people in your area who had obtained employment thru these
          "opportunities." What did they have to say? I'm guessing that most of
          them were still trying to get their first clients, but I may well be
          wrong. (I hope I am!) Did any of them report that they'd had positive
          results with the venture?
          If you'd prefer to discuss your findings privately with me, please feel
          absolutely free to email me.
          Thanks!!
          Dave
        • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
            Tammy
            Can you tell me what you have learned about the Infinity Software. I too have
            purchased their "basic package" I have yet to use it but I found out from a
            friend that the clearing house they use does not accept medicare claims. I
            don't remeber what the rep said about it. I have had it since January but
            until I get some experience I am just sitting on it.

            Tara
          • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
              Hello Dave,

              When I called not one had any Clients! I do not know if that is the case
              now.

              Jo An

              :-)
            • Julie Franco
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 15, 1999
                David,
                Home Professions is a scam. The MediSoft software that they sell you is $99
                if you purchase directly through MediSoft or a Preferred MediSoft dealer.
                Secondly, all of the "extras" that come along in their package usually is a
                fraud. I would recommend finding a MediSoft dealer to purchase your
                software. I know, because I was scammed by another company similar to Home
                Professions. It took me almost a year of marketing to get my first client.
                It is possible. But, you most know what your doing inorder to survive in
                this industry. Every thing you do will decide if your doctor gets paid or
                not. This is why many drs are leary to outsource. There are many benefits
                that you can mention to a doctor as to why outsource can benefit them over
                hiring a person in house such as the cost to train and keep that employee up
                to date on current guidelines, health benefits, sick leave, vacation
                benefits, payroll taxes, time lost on job due to interuptions, and so on. I
                hope this information helps. Good Luck.
                Julie Franco
                MediSource Billing Services
                franco@...

              • SMOCHIE2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 16, 1999
                  Tara,

                  I was in some message boards awhile ago, and read all the comments on it. I
                  do understand that you have to pay up to $1500.00 to add more doctors, the
                  basic only allows up to 99 but all have to have the same number. I am
                  looking into new software so I can start my business. I hear MediSoft is
                  probably the best one.
                  Hope that helps a little.

                  Tammy
                • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 16, 1999
                    You are right I didn't find that out until after I purchsed it. All the
                    doctors have to belong to the same practice then they told me it was $900 to
                    get the additional software for the 5 practice. I don't know they said that
                    after 90 days I have the opportunity to send it back but so far I haven't
                    tried... probably won't work...

                    thank Tammy
                    Tara
                  • Karla McAuliffe
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 16, 1999
                      David

                      I have invested in NCS(a lot more than the amount you said) and they offer
                      support and set you up with cards and flyers and they offer printing of all
                      the things you need to get started and the programs for medical and dental.
                      And you have a Chose as how you sell this the program and or your work.( you
                      will not be such a threat as an consultant). But you still need to get you
                      clients.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 18, 1999
                        In a message dated 6/15/99 6:19:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, franco@...
                        writes:

                        << Julie Franco
                        MediSource Billing Services
                        franco@... >>

                        Hello Julie,

                        Well written commentary! ;-) Do you have a web page for your company. If
                        so can you send me the URL to reeki8@.... Also I love the name! Very
                        nice!

                        Jo An
                        _____Words of wisdom_______________________________________________
                        " Do Not meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
                        for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
                        (Mommiebirdy/99)

                        (Parrot toys for the discriminating fid!)
                        Visit us at:
                        http://www.bigbirdworld.com/rainforest/reeki8/ayitt.html
                        Mirror stie: http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/toys/ayitt.html
                        WINDCHIMES
                        Turns your computer into a relaxing moment!
                        http://www.syntrillium.com/windchimes/index.html

                        http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/medicalterms/matching.html
                        http://members.xoom.com/reeki8/medicalterms/MTO.html
                      • Jane Lash
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 21, 1999
                          Take a look at www.medisoft-software.com
                          I' think you'll get straight honest answers.
                          JL