Medical coding

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
      Hello i am in college i took CPT in the fall and now i am doing
      IDC 9. I will be on course to take the Certified Coding Test this
      summer. Just wondering if anyone has taken the test and give any
      advice. I am getting A's in IDC 9 and i got A's in CPT. I have also
      took a class in Medical terminology and Pharmacology.

      Thanks
      Future coder of
      Minnesota
    • muhl4groups
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
        Hello Joe and welcome to the world of medical billing!! I personally
        have not taken the test.. although i plan to soon as it is a very good
        title to have and increases your pay rate considerably! From what i
        hear the test consists of some med term, some icd-9/cpt and HCPCS as
        well if your doing well in the tests and in the classes i would
        certainly think your going to do fine in the exam. What are your goals
        in the field? Do you plan to work for yourself or for an office? Just
        curious. Good luck on the exams!!