Help Wanted, p.t.

  • SheilaH660@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 1999
      Dear list friends,

      I have a psychologist friend who has a half-time private practice in the
      Lexington, MA area. I take care of his general office work, and signed on to
      this list in hopes of taking care of his billing, too. (BTW, thanks to all
      who offered support and encouragement!) My desktop publishing business takes
      enough time that, along with his general office work, I'm reluctant to add
      another long term project right now.

      Most of his clients pay out of pocket, but a few have managed care billing
      needs, and he's fallen quite far behind on these. Thus, I need to find
      someone to get him caught up on his insurance/managed care billing -- and
      keep him caught up. This has fallen behind (partly because he's focussed on
      his clinical work to the detriment of the business end of the practice, but
      also because the person who was doing it quit the business without bothering
      to let us know [!]).

      We'd like to find someone to do this billing on a long-term basis. It should
      be someone with experience in managed care billing for psychotherapy
      services, ideally someone relatively nearby, if possible.

      Interested? e-mail me for more info.

      Thanks!

      Sheila

      Please respond to my other email address, DTPforYou@...
    • Wdwbjp@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 1999
        MedicalBillers@onelist.com writes:

        I have a psychologist friend who has a half-time private practice in the
        Lexington, MA, etc.

        Shelia, if you can't find anyone on the list, go to the phone book under
        billing services. There should be a couple listed there. Ask for
        references. A good service will have not problem offering you a complete
        list of physican references. Make sure that they are equiped to hand the
        psychological field for coding. Most charge a % of the actual take in
        amount (usually from 7 to 10%). More incentive for them to get the claims
        processed quickly.

        Brenda
      • SheilaH660@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 1999
          Thanks for the input. It will be important when I am picking someone out.
        • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 1999
            Sheila Where Are YOU?