Re: [MedicalBillers] Digest Number 492

  • Amethyst LaFleur
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 8:13 AM
      When I worked at a hospital in the Midwest, three
      different companies provided software that we used.
      They were Eclipsys (mainly decision support), IDX
      (also has EMR capability), and CareMedic. Care Medic
      may not still be doing UB's but you may find a helpful
      link. I would also try talking to your local
      contractor as while they cannot choose for you, they
      can tell what software they are unable to interface
      with or cannot accept claims from. Just my 0.02 worth

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/itSolB/TM

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. BILLING SOFTWARE CHOICES
      > From: "therapyresumes"
      > <therapyresumes@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:30:28 -0000
      > From: "therapyresumes" <therapyresumes@...>
      > Subject: BILLING SOFTWARE CHOICES
      >

      > Can anyone recommend billing software? Our CORF -
      > comprehensive
      > outpatient rehab facility and diagnostic center
      > currently has an
      > outsourced billing company who is doing a horrible
      > job. We want to
      > bring the billing in house but I have become
      > overwhelmed by the
      > billing software or web based software choices out
      > there. We are
      > billing on UB92's since we had a terrible time
      > getting reimbursement
      > on HCFA-1500 since we are a medicare certified
      > FACILITY. Our payors
      > want us to bill on UB92. We are only looking at
      > software that has
      > UB92 capability. We want to submit electronicaly. I
      > have checked
      > into SOFTAID, ALTAPOINT, HEALTHPAC, CLAIMPAC,
      > MEDISOFT, ACCUMED and a
      > few others but the others did not have UB92 set up.
      > Can someone make
      > a recommendation? How does one go about deciding? I
      > need HELP as I am
      > the person who will be making the choice. THANK
      > YOU!!!

      =====
      Amethyst A.LaFleur

      "The true measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but rather where he stands in times of controversy and conflict."
      Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail