Re: [MedicalBillers] MEDICARE AUDIT

  • cheryl reddic
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
      Medicare usually only audits when they suspect fraud or incorrect billing. How long have you been there? If you don't have a compliance manuel don't start one until after the audit. You can go online to your state medical society website and download an outline for a compliance manuel. What you really need to work on is HIPAA manuels. It is not mandated that you have a complaince manuel but that you have a HIPAA manuel, the privacy rules went into effect last March. These guidelines can also be on the state website. Watch your back with that audit you can be blamed for errors.

      Cheryl

      CINDY ARMES <cindycmbs@...> wrote:
      COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW OFTEN MEDICARE AUDITS, I WORK FOR A PRIMARY CARE DOC AND JUST RECEIVED INFO THAT THEY ARE COMING TO AUDIT US.. THE OFFICE WAS AUDITED BEFORE I CAME TO WORK THERE, BUT MEDICARE GAVE A LIST OF CHARTS THAT THEY WHERE GOING TO LOOK AT.
      AND ALSO WHAT DO I NEED FOR A COMPLIANCE MANUAL!! I NEED HELP!

      Do you Yahoo!?