Group Threatens to Target Employees at Home

  • Jim Ristrem
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2003
      A group has threatened to target Chiron Corporation's employees at
      their homes. The threat was made after pipe bombs went off at the
      biotech firm's headquarters in Emeryville, California. This is
      reminiscent my experiences at Kaiser HMO where I was described as
      a "walking hostage" as a result of intimidation arising from my
      employment. While I worked there, Kaiser told me to take precautions
      such as taking a different route to work each day. Explosions still
      continue to occur at various locations I frequent.

      I believe that anybody who works in a field that is strongly
      disapproved by extremists can become a target of intimidation and
      violence. In my own case, a gunman shot in my direction
      approximately one hour before I was scheduled to run computer
      programs looking for medical billing discrepancies at Kaiser HMO. I
      also received death threats. During the break that occurred between
      my meetings with an internal auditor, I received numerous phone calls
      where the caller just kept dialing my number repeatedly and hanging
      up.

      Please feel free to visit my home page, "Criminal Activity at Kaiser
      HMO Computer Center," at http://home.earthlink.net/~jimristrem/