Training at your billing office

  • dominic_rajesh
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      What sort of training do people working in a Billing office get ?

      Do they get a regular classroom training ?

      Or do they just sit and learn from experienced billers?

      I was just inquisitive as to what happens in your office.

      My office is pretty small and we just make the new guys sit next to
      an old hand.

      Waiting for your comments.

      Dom
    • Le Daniels
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        New people sit next to us "old hands", but we also have a few places where we can get free training online.  Occasionally management will splurge on a trip out of town for training.  We also hold weekly in-services for all staff members with a focus issue and we will mention the billing portion.

        Most knowledge still comes from experience.

        Le Daniels

        Jackson County Memorial Hospital

        Altus, OK

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          Where do you get the free training online?

          Annette Miller
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Millers Recovery Services Plus
          Medical Billing Services
          Phone: 330-832-8061
          Fax: 330-832-6785

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
            Medicare has some online seminars

            Jane Bunch gives out good info on her site

            We also are a member of the VGM group and they have great online learning

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
              sorry that first link should be