Followup question

  • Timothy Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      Thanks to all for helpful replies to my previous question regarding
      electronic billing.

      I guess the thing I still don't understand is, how soon, realistically,
      can we expect the following. I know answers will vary, and it's all just
      guesstimating, but some people out there must have sense of which way
      the industry is going, and how fast.

      -- Real time confirmation of benefits?

      --Real time comfirmation of authorization for service?

      --Real time clarification of needed TARs, gatekeeper authorization, and
      so on?

      --Real time confirmation of share of cost and/or annual deductible?

      --Immediate, direct deposit of payment from insurance company to provider?

      I'll be interested to hear guesses, opinions, comments, and so on.

      Cheers,

      Timothy Miller, Ph.D.
      Stockton, CA
    • Tanya Peck
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
        Timothy,

        Many of these are already possible at this time, if you have the
        right software and the right resources. The software my company uses
        is ClaimGear and we have at our disposal at any given time:
        - real time confirmation of benefits and eligibility
        - real time confirmation of share of cost and/or annual deductible
        - Immediate, direct deposit of payments from insurance companies to
        the providers.
        - Immediate, direct submission of the EOB's for payments depostited
        electronically to our software, which then allows us to auto apply
        payments in the manner of minutes vs. hours manually posting them.

        I think the other things you have mentioned are already available if
        you get direct access to the insurance companies website by applying
        for a user ID and password. For example, with Arizona's Medicaid
        plans I am able to verify eligibility and check on status of claims
        online- real time.

        If interested, I would advise checking out ClaimGear as a software
        option for your company. www.claimgear.com

        Good Luck!
        Tanya Peck
        www.pecksmedicalbilling.com