Re: [MedicalBillers] Newbie questions regarding electronic claims

  • NormaJean
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2003
      Dr. Miller,

      I think everyone is very confused about electronic
      billing. Most everything has to go to a clearinghouse
      and from there it is transferred to the insurance
      companies directly. Benefits can usually be obtained
      on the insurance company website.

      I have started my own billing company after over 10
      years of working in doctor offices. I chose Santiago
      and their software - PM2000. It seemed to give me the
      most value for the money and they have an excellent
      support system in place. They just do not sell you
      the product then abandon you.

      A service I can provide is claims only filing. Is
      this something you perhaps would be interested in?
      With this service, I would not do any posting of
      payments or insurance receipts - just inputting
      charges and then sending them off to the insurance
      companies. Depending on your practice, this can be a
      service with a flat rate or per claim charge.

      I applaud the fact that you did your own software.
      After all, who better knows their practice than the
      doctor!

      Hope this helps.
      Thank you,

      Norma Mountain
      TreMount Medical Billing
      Dublin, OH 43017
      614-734-1015 or 614-717-0369
    • bexx1232000
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2003
        Dr. Miller,

        I work with several doctors and have been exposed to several software
        packages. Clinic Pro is pretty easy to use and has great reports. So
        does Herferd systems.

        I personally use Greycat, which is a chiropractic software. And I
        love it.

        Becki
      • Annette Miller
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2003
          Becki,
          Where did you get the Greycat Software? I work for a Chiropractor plus do my medical billing service.
          Thanks,

          Annette Miller
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Avon Representative