Aerosol Treatment

  • gissmatta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2003
      Hi:
      When providing aerosol treatment to a patient, we use CPT 94640.
      Usually, we use albuterol or Levalbuterol (xopenex) with this
      treatment.

      My question is: Can we charge CPT 94640 and the drugs separately on
      the UB-92 or are we supposed to just charge for the CPT code?

      Thanks,
    • Autumn Flame
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2003
        HI, I work in an Internal Medicine office, but we do pulmonary treatments also. Most insurance companies will pay a small portion of the medication. So in answer to your question, yes you should be billing the treatment and the meds. Hope this helped.
        Brenda