Out of the country

  • bobandsuzy1986
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19 1:03 PM
      Can a Physician's practice, send their claims out of the country to
      be billed?

      How does HIPAA assure compliance?

      Robert
      Physicians Billing Management
      robert@...
    • Accuscribe@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19 1:06 PM

        I would not recommend anyone off-shoring work, however, HIPAA specifically does not address the issue of off-shoring work, and probably won't until the next major revision of the law is released as an Addendum.

        Susan Rojo
        Medical Transcriptionist, QA, Biller, Coder, Paralegal, Translator, Interpreter & Virtual Assistant

        Business Owner of Accuscribe Services
        www.accuscribetranscriptionservices.com
        Private Email:
        susan@...

        Proud Member of:
        AHIMA, AAMT, MTIA, CAMT, KAMT, BBB, LSA, LSI, VAA, IAVOA

        Registration Coordinator of all Meditec Medical Transcription, Billing, Coding, Paralegal and Legal Assistant Courses - For information please email ProEdge2000@...
        http://www.proedge2000.com/
        http://meditec.com/index.html

        Moderator MT COOLER -
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MTCOOLER

        MTCOOLER@yahoogroups.com

        Link to E-Book on how to get started in MT/LT/VA:
        http://eguide.kaliannah.com/cgi-bin/earnit/earnit.cgi?mode=click&username=suz

      • dominic_rajesh
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2003
          I don't really believe that there are any specific rules or
          regulations which prevent sending claims out of the country provided
          patient confidentiality is maintained.

          What are your thoughts on this ?

          Dom

          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "bobandsuzy1986"
          <bobandsuzy1986@y...> wrote:
          > Can a Physician's practice, send their claims out of the country to
          > be billed?
          >
          > How does HIPAA assure compliance?
          >
          > Robert
          > Physicians Billing Management
          > robert@p...
        • lindajofoulks
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
            --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "dominic_rajesh"
            <dominic_rajesh@y...> wrote:
            > I don't really believe that there are any specific rules or
            > regulations which prevent sending claims out of the country
            provided
            > patient confidentiality is maintained.
            >
            > What are your thoughts on this ?
            >
            > Dom
            >
            > --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "bobandsuzy1986"
            > <bobandsuzy1986@y...> wrote:
            > > Can a Physician's practice, send their claims out of the country
            > > be billed?
            > >
            > > How does HIPAA assure compliance?
            > >
            > > Robert
            > > Physicians Billing Management
            > > robert@p...

            When we receive an insurance that requires out of country billing we
            often make arrangements for the pt to submit the claim themselves.

            Linda
            Billing Department