Looking for Billing/Scheduling software

  • diannalee1
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hello,

      We are a dietary counseling firm in Boulder Colorado. We've been
      using Therapist Helper software for integrated client scheduling,
      billing, and insurance claims. We're not happy with the software and
      we're shopping for alternatives. We'll probably stay under 2000
      clients, and we are multi-user up to 3 simultaneous users, running
      from a Windows server. Any suggestions for software? How about
      additional resources for hunting down good software. Thanks!

      Dianna Lee
    • Tanya Peck
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
        I am a billing service with seven clients, different specialties and
        we use Claim Gear (www.claimgear.com) I love them! Their support and
        customer service is outstanding, and they are very, very cost
        effective. I would definantly reccomend checking them out! Let them
        know I referred you if you sign and I get bonus! LOL...hey, never
        hurts to mention that!
        Seriously though, what they have to offer, I feel is very beneficial
        to my clients so I actually have their software information on my
        website because I feel it's a good selling point with potential new
        clients. Anyone can access the software from anywhere in the world
        (with proper passwords, of course!) I meant you can have multiple
        users with no additional charges. Good luck on your search!
        Tanya Peck
        www.pecksmedicalbilling.com

        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "diannalee1" <diannalee@g...>
        wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > We are a dietary counseling firm in Boulder Colorado. We've been
        > using Therapist Helper software for integrated client scheduling,
        > billing, and insurance claims. We're not happy with the software
        and
        > we're shopping for alternatives. We'll probably stay under 2000
        > clients, and we are multi-user up to 3 simultaneous users, running
        > from a Windows server. Any suggestions for software? How about
        > additional resources for hunting down good software. Thanks!
        >
        > Dianna Lee
      • Cyndee Weston
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
          Diana:

          You may want to check out AltaPoint Software at www.altapoint.com  The software has some nice features that you might find helpful for this type of specialty, including authorizations (tracking) and more.

          Cyndee Weston
          American Medical Billing Association

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
            We have had good response from the we are currently using. This one is basically set up where it works as a scheduling program on the doctors office and allows us to download the info directly from the site. This has several features which allows the front end staff to complete the file, i.e., insurance info, patient info and completed procedures that any particular date of service. Its called Medical Republic, check out the link from my site at www.firstmednet.com They have a Demo you can try out.
            Hope it helps.

            David Alvarado
            1st Mednet Group

          • jillesimpson@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2003
              Dianna,
              I've worked with a rather large consulting firm and have experienced and utilized dozens of packages from large hospital/facility packages to large and small physician group practice softwares.  Most recently I've worked with a counseling center client who uses Therapist Helper.  I have yet to meet anyone who "is" sufficiently satisfied with that product or the "support" which is almost non-existant.
              None the less....in looking through several other packages for them, I've found that there are limited softwares available for the unique niche of counseling.  There were several reviewed on the AMFT professional association website last month.  One other counseling specific that we've been reviewing is called Shrink Wrap.
              Having come from a predominately medical (practice and hospital) background I feel there is something that would certainly better suit a counseling practice even if it was really intended to be a medical practice software.  Having seen so many in different client offices, I have become familiar with many of the capabilities of so many.  I would recommend you just make a list of the capabilities that you like most and find a software that offers those yet also allows flexibility in the billing and report generation.  Also keep in mind that many softwares that are targeted more towards facilities (even outpatient diagnostic facilities) can cause problem in the patient registration and "recurring patient" area.  Most facility softwares are not set up for recurring patients as you would more commonly see in physician practices and counseling centers. (i.e. multiple open dates of services being billed.)  The family/couple/guarantor billing flexibility is also important in counseling as the "client" might be more than one person at a time (spouses, families etc.)
              Just some thoughts and a lead on some that I have seen.
              I hope this helps, good luck,
              ~ Jill Simpson

              wrote:
              >Hello,
              >
              >We are a dietary counseling firm in Boulder Colorado.  We've been
              >using Therapist Helper software for integrated client scheduling,
              >billing, and insurance claims.  We're not happy with the software
              and
              >we're shopping for alternatives.  We'll probably stay under 2000
              >clients, and we are multi-user up to 3 simultaneous users, running
              >from a Windows server.  Any suggestions for software?  How about
              >additional resources for hunting down good software.  Thanks!
              >
              >Dianna Lee

            • Grayson Nutrition Services
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 8, 2003
                Jill

                Thank you for your information and suggestions.  I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge with us.
                Dianna Lee

                wrote:
                >Hello,
                >
                >We are a dietary counseling firm in Boulder Colorado.  We've been
                >using Therapist Helper software for integrated client scheduling,
                >billing, and insurance claims.  We're not happy with the software
                and
                >we're shopping for alternatives.  We'll probably stay under 2000
                >clients, and we are multi-user up to 3 simultaneous users, running
                >from a Windows server.  Any suggestions for software?  How about
                >additional resources for hunting down good software.  Thanks!
                >
                >Dianna Lee

              • Rashmi Yadav
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 8, 2003

                  Searching eagerly for your prospective other half, in a crowd of multitude of bachelors?

                  Indeed finding that Mr. or Mrs. RIGHT is a very difficult task to accomplish. And what if that dream partner might be looking for you as well? How will you get to know?

                  Don�t worry; we at Lagna Bandhan are here to help you to find love online! You can register and post your free matrimonial profile as well as browse through a multitude of various aspiring suitors all over the world quite free of cost for six months.

                  For more information, log on to www.lagnabandhan.com and start off on an enchanting tour of discovering your soul mate right now!

                  Sincerely,

                  wrote:
                  >Hello,
                  >
                  >We are a dietary counseling firm in Boulder Colorado.  We've been
                  >using Therapist Helper software for integrated client scheduling,
                  >billing, and insurance claims.  We're not happy with the software
                  and
                  >we're shopping for alternatives.  We'll probably stay under 2000
                  >clients, and we are multi-user up to 3 simultaneous users, running
                  >from a Windows server.  Any suggestions for software?  How about
                  >additional resources for hunting down good software.  Thanks!
                  >
                  >Dianna Lee

                  Do you Yahoo!?