      Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 8:14 AM
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] I Need Some Help Please

      I have been doing electronic billing for over a year now, strictly billing, no follow-up, etc.  I have a physician that is having a few medical problems and she has asked me to start doing her follow up on her claims.  She just gave it to me, no explanation.  Well, it appears as though several of the insurance companies either trash or sit on these claims.  How do we go about getting the insurance companies to pay what they owe?  Also, it has come to my attention through doing this that the clearinghouse that I use must be slow or something because I can mail a claim and electronically file a claim (two different claims, same person) and get the payment for both within 2 days of each other.  I thought that electronically filing was supposed to be much quicker, upon seeing this is has proven that wrong or my clearinghouse is holding them up.  Please help, thanks!!!