5890Question for Psychology Billers

  • bluewriter24
    Apr 4, 2014

      Question for any psychology billers out there please:

      I keep getting claims back from Medicare where on some of the claims for a patient they take off some for "psychiatric reduction". This is the only insurance company I've had this with and from what I read means that they believe the diagnoses is psychiatric and therefore shouldn't be treated by a psychologist. However, the ones they feel this way about encompass all mental health diagnoses. What's more confusing is that they cover some claims per each patient without taking that off and others with taking it off even though it's the same diagnoses on the same patient. That makes even less sense. How do I fight this? Any advice on "psychiatric reduction" payments appreciated. Thanks!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic