5621Re: Physician Orders for EKG in Medical Chart

    Oct 5, 2011
      Josette,

      I shared your reply & this was her response.

      "Thanks Melinda, she's right. In looking at the chart note, this was just an unusual anomaly in the documentation, Dr. did not document any intent to do the test at all in the body of the chart note. He states the results of the EKG, and the diagnoses support medical necessity, but there is nothing stating this is what I am doing and this is why I am doing it." (I'm assuming by IT she means auditing).