      From: Melinda <melindadocsmith@...>
      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:10 PM
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Re: Medicare denials

      In addition to what was already said...

      Medicare does pay for the IPPE (Welcome to Medicare) - G0402 and now pays for the AWV (see below)

      Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) - This is a new benefit beginning for dates of service on and after 01/01/11

      G0438 – First visit
      G0439 – Subsequent visit

      No specific diagnosis code
      Contact the local Medicare Contractor for guidance

      Who is covered: All Medicare beneficiaries who are no longer within 12 months after the effective date of their first Medicare Part B coverage period and who have not received an IPPE or AWV within the past 12 months

      Frequency: Once in a lifetime for G0438, Annually for G0439

      Beneficiary pays:
      Prior to 01/01/11: N/A
      On or after 01/01/11: Copayment/coinsurance waived, Deductible waived

      http://www.cms.gov/MLNProducts/downloads/MPS_QuickReferenceChart_1.pdf