      From: fami tab <marmar623@...>
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Re: URGENT CARE VISIT
      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 10:12 PM

      Hello Everyone,

      Question: my friend billed insurance with the urgent care cpt code. All of their claim was rejected, no payment was received,
      Any advised?
      Appreciated,
      Thanks,

      Urgent Care Office Visit 99058

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      From: Corri Baker <virtuous_gracious@ yahoo.com>
      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 4:20 PM

      I understand that, I've worked at a few places like that. Check CMS or google RVU 2010. I'd also be more than happy to help you if you can't find them, take down my email and email me with questions or specific codes you need RVU's for.

      Happy Weekend,

      Corri

      ____________ _________ _________ __

      From: Corri Baker <virtuous_gracious@ yahoo.com>

      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 3:47 PM

      Also some carriers are now offering on their website for providers to go in and calculate how much they'll get paid and how much the patient will owe. I've seen more and more carriers here in my area offering that as a "perk." So you may check online with some carriers to see if they offer that tool.

      From: Corri Baker <virtuous_gracious@ yahoo.com>

      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 3:03 PM

      Hi Carol,

      I'm confused. You're saying your contract rate is $56.00 an RVU? If this is the case then you'll have to get the RVU for the code you're billing, then you multiply the RVU by $56 to get the price you'll be paid by the insurance. Once you know what you'll be paid you can easily figure out the 10% the patient will owe just multiply it by 0.10.

      I hope I didn't misunderstand you,

      Corri :)