Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

4734Re: [MedicalBillers] Provider Help

Expand Messages
  • Elsacaer5@aol.com
    Sep 1, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Thanks for your response.
      I work for a company that provides community based mental health supports,
      so we do no in house counseling services. For the sake of simplicity let's
      call it ABC company. The psychiatrist comes ABC's office 2 days a week
      and provides med management and psychiatric assessments for some of our
      clients. He has been working as an independent contractor and I am billing
      Medicare, Medicaid etc for his services.
      The owner of this company now wants to hire him as an employee. So ABC
      will pay him a salary and use the reimbursement from Medicare, Medicaid etc
      to offset his salary. Therefore, ABC now wants the insurance payments paid
      to them, not the doctor as an independent contractor.
      So my question is--do I have to use the ABC's tax ID number and his NPI
      number to bill. Does ABC now need credentialed as a provider of psychiatric
      services? I am pretty sure they do, but having a difficult time getting the
      owner to understand.
      Thanks again.

      In a message dated 9/1/2009 7:21:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      thebiller_2000@... writes:

      Is he hired by the hospital as in, the hospital is now going to pay him a
      salary and the hospital expects his A/R to be turned over to them?

      If this is the case, then once he is hired and credentialed to operate
      through the hospital ( assuming he has not already been credentialed to work
      there). then yes you use the facility tax id numbers. The facility would
      also add him to their participating insurance contracts. Once this is
      complete then you would also bill those companies. Besure to find out of their
      contracts are NPI only or still under a legacy system.

      To answer the first part of your question. Is yes, once he has completed
      his contracting information with the facility.

      As far as you needing a license. Are you someone he has hired as a
      payroll employee or do you have a company? If you are his employee then no you
      dont need a license. If you are a company you should already be licenses in
      your state as a business.

      Hope this helps.

      --- On Tue, 9/1/09, elsacaer5 <_Elsacaer5@..._
      (mailto:Elsacaer5@...) > wrote:

      From: elsacaer5 <_Elsacaer5@..._ (mailto:Elsacaer5@...) >
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Provider Help
      To: _MedicalBillers@MedicalBilleMed_ (m
      Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 3:25 AM

      I am a mental health worker who has, by default, ended up with the job of
      billing for a psychiatrist who provides services for our clients. I have
      been billing for him as an solo provider (he is finally getting paid).
      However, the company now wants to hire him as an employee.

      Do I now need to bill using the company's provider number? And do we need
      to be liscened to bill for psychiatric services or as an outpatient clinic.


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic