4733Re: [MedicalBillers] Provider Help

  • debbie brosnan
    Sep 1, 2009
      --- On Tue, 9/1/09, elsacaer5 <Elsacaer5@...> wrote:

      From: elsacaer5 <Elsacaer5@...>
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Provider Help
      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 3:25 AM

      I am a mental health worker who has, by default, ended up with the job of billing for a psychiatrist who provides services for our clients. I have been billing for him as an solo provider (he is finally getting paid). However, the company now wants to hire him as an employee.

      Do I now need to bill using the company's provider number? And do we need to be liscened to bill for psychiatric services or as an outpatient clinic.

      Thanks