Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

4732Re: [MedicalBillers] Provider Help

Expand Messages
  • debbie brosnan
    Sep 1, 2009
      Is he hired by the hospital as in, the hospital is now going to pay him a salary and the hospital expects his A/R to be turned over to them?
      If this is the case, then once he is hired and credentialed to operate through the hospital ( assuming he has not already been credentialed to work there).  then yes you use the facility tax id numbers.  The facility would also add him to their participating insurance contracts.  Once this is complete then you would also bill those companies.  Besure to find out of their contracts are NPI only or still under a legacy system. 
      To answer the first part of your question.  Is yes, once he has completed his contracting information with the facility.
      As far as you needing a license.  Are you someone he has hired as a payroll employee or do you have a company?  If you are his employee then no you dont need a license.  If you are a company you should already be licenses in your state as a business. 
      Hope this helps. 

      --- On Tue, 9/1/09, elsacaer5 <Elsacaer5@...> wrote:

      From: elsacaer5 <Elsacaer5@...>
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Provider Help
      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 3:25 AM


      I am a mental health worker who has, by default, ended up with the job of billing for a psychiatrist who provides services for our clients. I have been billing for him as an solo provider (he is finally getting paid). However, the company now wants to hire him as an employee.

      Do I now need to bill using the company's provider number? And do we need to be liscened to bill for psychiatric services or as an outpatient clinic.


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic