4218Re: Physician Billing and Skilled Nursing Facilties

  • margo_apsbilling
    Jan 24, 2009
      Tanya-
      I had another question regarding this SNF stuff. Once a patient no
      longer is receiving SNF benefits can we bill part B? Thanks for your
      help.

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "margo_apsbilling" <margo@...>
      wrote:

      > Thats very bad news!! I think I am going to cry. The doctor is going
      > to FLIP!! Thank you for your answer though.
      >
      > --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tanya Peck" <tanya@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I used to work for a podiatrist and had this exact situation. In this
      > > case, in the past for me, I had found that there was NO way to get
      > > payment since the podiatrist IS Part B, but that the SNF should
      pay the
      > > podiatrist his fee OR have the family pay the fee since he has no
      Part
      > > B.
      > >
      > > That's what we did, anyways. We had "relationships" set up with
      the SNF
      > > that if they called us in to perform procedures on the patient, they
      > > would pay us out of their daily allowance/payment that they got for
      > > Part A. Or, if it was the patient that wanted services, we considered
      > > them cash paying patients since they technically have no insurance
      that
      > > can be billed.

      > > --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "margo_apsbilling" <margo@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Help... I have a podiatrist who sees patients in what I have
      found out
      > > > is an SNF. Since they file Part A, I cant file part b charges. Is
      > > > there any way to get around it? Are all charges included in
      > > > consolidated billing or are there any exceptions?

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic