      From: Blue <life.angel@...>
      Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] coding question of the day.
      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 8:56 AM

      If you go to the AAPC site and log in, go to coding and under search put
      colonoscopy, about the 4th one down on the list is another excellent article
      done by the combined GI societies. Is it proper for me to copy and paste
      it? I am not sure about that. What do you think?
      Vicki F

      From: Blue <life.angel@verizon. net>
      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, November 2, 2008, 9:09 PM

      I am a member but I don't go by true blue.....
      Vicki F

      From: Blue <life.angel@ verizon. net>
      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 10:10 AM

      Debbie

      Oh this is going to be fun then! Take a look at this website on the AGA
      (gastro association for physicians) that explains it in a really good way!

      http://www.gastro org/wmspage. cfm?parm1= 3384

      Coming from the gastro society should be great proof. CPT assistant is also
      top of the line proof too if you have access to it. If you belong to the
      AGA, you can also use their coding hotline and have all 3 of you on the
      conference call---the CPC will tell them the same thing. Let us know how it
      works out. Good thing for you sticking to your guns, you will certainly
      earn your keep!
      Vicki F

      From: Andrea Cavanaugh <andiec@bellsouth. net>
      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 7:48 PM

      Exactly what does she feel is legal proof?

      From: Andrea Cavanaugh <andiec@bellsouth. <mailto:andiec% 40bellsouth. net>
      net>
      To: MedicalBillers@ <mailto:MedicalBill ers%40yahoogroup s.com>
      yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 5:35 PM

      I am wondering if Modifier 59 would be appropriate for the second example?

      Andie