3869Re: [MedicalBillers] Appeal Letter

  • Josie Mapp
    Oct 2, 2008
      I agree, appeal letters vary depending on the situation. I usually do my
      own out of the top of my head. Some insurances (like Medicare, United) have
      forms for you to fill out and send it with the supporting documentation.

      On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Lin <italiandoll1967@...> wrote:

      > I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by formats..
      >
      > For example.. if a carrier had denied something for medical necessity my
      > appeal would be based on explaining "simply" that the service was medically
      > necessary and referring to the attached documents to support the appeal.
      >
      > So you see, one size does not fit all. It's just a letter based on each
      > claims circumstances and then attached with supporting documentation.
      >
      > Linda Walker
      >
      > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
      > <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
      > A division of K&L Media, LLC
      > <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com
      >
      > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

      Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & Collector
      JG Professional Services
      Cell: 917-892-7201

      DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOT
      HAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
      www.mybenefitsplus.com/40612305