3596Re: Not a medical necessity

  • margo_apsbilling
    Aug 1, 2008
      Check the LCD's in Medicare. They are pretty easy to search but for
      my codes that were being denied as medically necessary I was able to
      find out which dx codes were acceptable for the cpt code that was
      denying. I havent had any trouble since I told the doctor that he
      could only use that CPT when certain dx codes applied.

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, rowen speldewinde
      <the_spindoctor1@...> wrote:

      > Could anyone let me know as to why the 80053 is being denied by
      Medicare for not a medical necessity please? This is in MS.