      From: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Carol Roush
      Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:04 AM
      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Collections

      Hello Everyone :)

      OK, so I'm sooooooo happy I didn't get the billing job at my office. The
      person who did get it, has been frustrated everyday. This isn't a job that
      is for beginners and I was just that. I'm glad the front office position
      opened up for me just in time. I feel awful for the biller. She is part-time
      and really needs to be full time to clean up the mess that front office
      person left behind before she was fired. What is sad is that the owner of
      the speech therapy clinic gave her full trust in the previous front office
      person and didn't learn much about the programs to train the new biller. I
      probably would have walked the first day on the job if I had gotten that
      job. The biller will just be there for a year since she will graduate and go
      on to a speech therapist internship. I'm seriously thinking that when my
      supervisor goes to hire again for the job, they should be experienced. From
      what I can tell, my supervisor/owner of the clinic uses Leonardo
      MD for submitting claims. Anyone heard of it? When the biller went to call
      and ask for help on walking her through on how to do something, the rep
      didn't even know what she was talking about. My coworker buddy (the biller)
      got really frustrated. The owner/supervisor was sold this program with the
      fact that there would be help or assistance. My supervisor called to
      complain and someone with experience called and helped, finally. Whew!

      As for collections, that was a mess too. A scary mess! The biller is now
      getting calls from patients saying that never got an invoice before. Um,
      right because the front office person wasn't sending them! OR, she wasn't
      posting all the payments. Everyday, it's something new and nothing but
      drama! The biller and my supervisor have been dealing with a patient who
      doesn't want to pay his bill because he says he didn't like the services.
      Odd, his child kept coming to the appointments! ugh! He could have found
      someone else for his son. He did sign a contract agreeing to policy and
      procedures of the office and paying. I figure this will be thrown out of
      court.

      Anyone else deal with this stuff?

      Thanks!,

      Carol :)