      From: debbie brosnan
      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 5:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [MedicalBillers] Introduction

      Welcome Nicole,

      I bill from home and have for 5 years now. The claims you send are the dr's claims you are reporting their NPI and the facility they practice in if outside of the office.

      Working from home can be good and bad. Sometimes its hard because you see what needs to be done at home yet I can sit in my jammies and not worry about my hair. LOL.

      Welcome aboard.

      nicole mezni <nmezni@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,

      My name is Nicole, and I am new to the group. I have been working in the billing field for several years, but in the next few weeks, I will be billing from home for my first client-a small urology practice.

      I'm extremely nervous, because I'm not sure what to expect. I'm hoping to use all of the knowledge I have, but I know doing it from home is totally different.

      I'm just wondering about NPI numbers and things like that. Do I need to register with Medicare or the insurance companies? As far as I know, I will be 'dialing into' the office's computer system and billing that way. Anyone have experience with that?

      Any advice or experiences welcome! :) I look forward to getting to know you all better, and hopefully learning a lot!

      Thanks for listening!