2079Re: are cosmetic billing codes and procedures more compicated

  • djgeisel
    Dec 8, 2006
      I wonder if you really mean plastic surgery or if you mean cosmetic
      surgery?

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "J. Scott Gleaton"
      <alcowboy03@...> wrote:

      > You are correct Sandee. Most insurances do not cover cosemtic
      surgery unless it is needed due to an accident or something like
      that. In other words, a NECESSARY surgery.

      > Scott

      Medicare will only pay for certian ones like blephroplasty. Most
      cosmetic billing is on a cash pay basis.

      > djgeisel <djgeisel@charter. net> wrote: Terminology, codes and
      modifiers and maybe some modifier codes that