1908Re: [MedicalBillers] Questions from a new person

  • Blue
    Apr 4, 2006
      Hi all--

      I had a hard time deciding which test to take as well, but decided on the
      CPC since i work in a physician practice. My personal thought is that if
      you are trying to get a job either a CCS or a CPC would suffice. The CPC
      seems to be the more popular one from what i could tell.

      Was the test difficult? Yes, actually it is. The hard part is it is
      testing your general knowledge of everything rather than one area. After
      taking it, i felt that if i didn't pass it, i would not really know where to
      begin to re-study for it since the questions are so random. The good news
      is that if you don't pass it the first time which happens to many, you can
      re-take it again for no further charge within a specified length of time.
      The test is 5 hours long and it took me just shy of that to finish and check
      my work. And boy did i have a headache afterwards! :)

      They also allow you to write in your coding books although i don't really
      think that would help. But while studying you could write out memory helps
      in your book so you don't have to feel so overwhelmed at memorization in the
      areas you are worried about not knowing. That would free you up to study
      more expansively rather than getting stuck on this or that area, wasting
      your studying time. Good luck!

      Vicki F