1618Re: Hello. I'm a newbie to the group and billing.

  • Joe
    Jul 11, 2005
      Hi i am new here too and i hope that you find a great job and all i
      hope you well on your search let us know how things turn out. I am
      taking my CCA coding exam this week and i been looking at the job
      banks here in Minnesota. I been checking hospitals out and checking
      area hospital websites and talking to small clinics too. At least try
      and get my foot in the door. I live with my parents now so it helps
      with costs. I been doing temp work here and there and odds and ends
      jobs to help make things work. My goal has always been to work for a
      hospital someday.

      anyways catch you later
      Joe

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "jajafk" <jajafk@y...> wrote:
      > Thank you all for your help and advice, I really do appreciate it
      > all. I am so glad that this group exists and, that I found it. At
      > Bryman, their are externship opportunities for almost every course
      > except Billing and Coding which is rediculous, to me. I think that
      > we need it just as much as M A's, especially since M A's have hands
      > on experience in their classrooms almost daily. I'm pretty sure
      > that "reading" about billing and coding is somewhat different than
      > actually doing it. I will take everything that you all have written
      > and if you can think of anything else please don't hesitate. I'm
      > glad that I'm not alone in this. I've recently started having some
      > health issues but as soon as I get better, I will get started on
      > everything that was recommended to me.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      >
      > Lita
      >
      > --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "oceanstar1947"
      > <oceanstar1947@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi Lita,
      > >
      > > One thing I would suggest is join a few temp employment agencies
      > and
      > > look for temp jobs that way. That way the hospital or medical
      > > provider
      > > can get to know you and what you can do. That's how I started.
      > > got
      > > a temp job through an agency with the local hospital to help a
      > > biller.
      > > They liked me and I liked them, and luckily they were hiring at
      > the
      > > time, so after a few months I became a permanent employee. I
      think
      > > it
      > > is worth a shot.
      > >
      > > Doris