1427Re: [MedicalBillers] Ambulance/Transportation Billing Info

  • Helen L. Avery, CPC
    Feb 1, 2005
      You will benefit greatly to read the LMRP for ambulance... a lot has changed the last few years.  Billing isn't so bad, but MCD will not let you send to collections those with MCD, who never said they had MCD, which will mean at least one phone call per "self pay" patients.
      I would ask for at least 10%.
      If your state doesn't have an LMRP for ambuklance, read virginia's as it gives a lot of other billing info.  www.trailblazerhealth.com
      Helen
      ADN & Associates <adn_associates@...> wrote:
      Hi Everyone,

      I have a potential client in the wings to speak with later this week
      and I need a refresher asap ambulance/transportation services billing.
      If anyone is offering this service, please forward me any and all
      information as soon as possible.  I at least want to go over it before the
      meeting.  Also, what is a good initial step-fee, billing percentage, etc?

      Thanks,

      Angela Newsom-Hoye, President
      ADN & Associates, LLC
      Phone: 732-821-2085