National Train Day bike ride from Davis Square

  • kenmedford
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2009
      National Train Day Bike Ride

      On Saturday, May 9th, celebrate national train day with a bike ride from Davis Square Somerville to South Framingham.

      Meet at 9:30 in Davis Square in Seven Hills Park (behind the Holland Street T Station) for a ride to celebrate Nation Train Day 2009 <http://www.nationaltrainday.com/2009/>

      We will leave promptly at 9:45, and follow the route of the old Central Massachusetts Railroad to Wayland. Along the way, we will stop to look at a number of historic railroad stations, and then head south to Framingham, where we will admire the station there (designed by H.H. Richardson, who designed Trinity Church) and then take the train back to another historic station - South Station. 23 miles – moderate. Steady rain cancels.

      Maps and cue sheets:

      http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/National-Train-Day-2009-Davis-Square-to-Framingham

      http://www.bikely.com/cuesheet/route/National-Train-Day-2009-Davis-Square-to-Framingham

      For more information, contact dick.bauer@...