Clippership bikeway project to receive $475k in federal funds

  • kenmedford
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2009
      Rep. Edward J. Markey, D-Malden, announced that the 7th District of
      Massachusetts is set to receive over $5 million as part of the
      omnibus spending bill that the House passed Feb. 26.

      The city of Medford will receive $475,000 in federal funds for the
      Clippership Linear Bikeway city project.

      The Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009 funds the activities of the
      federal government for the remainder of the current fiscal year,
      which ends on Sept. 30, 2009. After the bill passes in the Senate it
      will go to the President Obama's desk for his signature.

      "I applaud Mayor [Michael] McGlynn and the city of Medford for their
      commitment to the Clippership Linear Bikeway and Path project,"
      Markey said. "I am pleased that these critical funds will continue
      to support Mayor McGlynn's efforts to create opportunities for
      Medford citizens to take full advantage of all that the city has to
      offer. I look forward to seeing this project develop and the ongoing
      revitalization of Medford Square."

      (Information from the Medford Transcript website)

      - Ken Krause