Medford Bicycle Commission Meeting Wednesday, May 29, 6:00pm
- The recently formed Medford Bicycle Commission will hold its first
meeting this Wednesday, May 29th, at 6:00pm in Room 201, Medford City Hall.
The following items are on the agenda:
1. Election of officers.
2. Ratification of meeting rules.
3. Discussion and selection of projects and priorities.
4. Assignment of sub-committees and action items.
5. Other items as may be appropriate to the organization and operation
of the commission.
The general public is welcome to attend.
Bruce Kulik, Acting Chairman
- --- In MedfordBiPeds@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Kulik <bkulik@...> wrote:
>Hi Bruce. Thanks for posting the meeting notice.
> The recently formed Medford Bicycle Commission will hold its first
> meeting this Wednesday, May 29th, at 6:00pm in Room 201, Medford City Hall.
> The following items are on the agenda:
I can't attend but regarding the discussion or projects and priorities: I read in the Medford Transcript last week that Ben Averbook has left the city. For many years he had run the Medford Saving Lives program, which included an annual "Bicycle Rodeo," bike helmet distribution, and other bicycle safety education initiatives.
Since education is going to be part of the new bicycle commission's focus, perhaps it could enhance what had been offered by Medford Saving Lives. It also would be good to ask the mayor what he intends to do with Saving Lives, which I think got at least a small amount of money in the annual budget. The department no longer is listed on the list of departments on the city website.
- Ken Krause