DCR Draft Parks And Recreation Rules and Regulations

  • Bruce Kulik
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013
      There will be a meeting this Thursday regarding the DCR Draft Parks And
      Recreation Rules and Regulations.

      Thursday, January 10, 2013, 7pm - 8:30pm
      Ponkapoag Golf Course
      2167 Washington Street, Canton, MA

      http://www.mass.gov/dcr/news/publicmeetings/policiesandregsupcoming.htm

      I have briefly reviewed the proposed regulations, and have some
      questions regarding the definition of bicycle. (It includes only 2
      wheeled devices and makes no mention of trailers or "trail-a-bike"
      accessories.)

      Additionally, I would like clarification of a clause which allows the
      DCR to restrict bicycle operation arbitrarily on DCR property, including
      streets and roads under its jurisdiction.

      People who are interested should refer to the above link for more
      information.

      Bruce Kulik
    • Ron Newman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013
        On Jan 9, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Bruce Kulik wrote:

        > Additionally, I would like clarification of a clause which allows the
        > DCR to restrict bicycle operation arbitrarily on DCR property, including
        > streets and roads under its jurisdiction.

        Since the heading is "12.12: Rules of Conduct on DCR Properties – Non-Motorized Vehicles; Trails", I assume this applies only to off-road trails in parks. But it's worth getting a clarification.

        (For instance, bicycle use is, or at least has been, prohibited on trails in the Middlesex Fells between January and March inclusive.)