Re: [MedfordBiPeds] Alewife Brook

  • Ron Newman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012

      On Dec 16, 2012, at 6:39 PM, Glenn Dickson wrote:
      The other thing is that between Mass Ave and the Minuteman path it is a sand path, not conducive to bicycling, especially in wet weather, and the boardwalk has no railing.   The entrance to the path from Mass Ave. has stairs.

      There is also a non-stair (ramp) entrance to the path from the sidewalk of Boulevard Road just off Mass. Ave.   It's hard for me to describe it in words here, but if you take another look there in the daytime, you should see it.

      I believe the Arlington-side path is unpaved because Arlington residents wanted it that way, and that the Cambridge-side path south of Mass. Ave. got cut due to insufficient funding.