This Saturday: Tour Somerville's Outer Limits by Bicycle

  • Ron Newman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2008
      Join the Somerville Bicycle Committee for the 16th Annual Tour de
      Somerville, this Saturday, October 18th. We'll meet at 10 am at
      Seven Hills Park, behind the Holland Street T entrance in Davis
      Square. From there, we'll trace the entire boundary of our city,
      from leafy Alewife Brook and Tufts University to gritty Assembly
      Square, Inner Belt, and Boynton Yards. Occasionally, we'll cross
      over into neighboring Cambridge, Arlington, Medford, and Charlestown,
      to see what the city limits look like from the other side.

      The ride will be about 15 miles long, with a rest stop at the
      Somerville Boys and Girls Club's Blessing of the Bay boathouse on the
      Mystic River. Redbones will provide refreshments at this stop.

      A route map and cue sheet are posted at http://SomervilleBikes.org .
      In case of rain, we'll postpone the ride to Sunday, October 19, same
      time and location (and we'll announce that on the web site).

      For more information, contact Ron Newman, rnewman@... ,
      617-628-8895.