Oct. 20: Bike-walk tour of Community Path extension route

  • kenmedford
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      JOIN THE FRIENDS OF THE COMMUNITY PATH ON A

      WALKING/BIKING TOUR OF THE PROPOSED COMMUNITY PATH EXTENSION!

      Tour Date: Saturday, 10/20 from 1:30 to 4:00 pm.

      Rain Date: Sunday 10/21, same time.
      Meet at East Street and North Point Boulevard, Cambridge (across the street from Lechmere Station).

      We'll make our way to Cedar Street in Somerville from there.

      The Friends of the Community Path will be hosting this fun tour to
      tell you about our progress and challenges on this great project! Our tour is FREE and open to the public (though we will accept donations if your force them upon us).

      The Friends of the Community Path will lead 2 groups assembling in the same place - A Bicycling Tour and also a Walking Tour (which will split up, up course).

      The Community Path extension (CPX) is about 2 miles as-the-crow flies, but our tour route will be more like 3 miles as-the-people- go because we need cannot travel directly along the GLX rail corridor, where the CPX will (eventually) be. Much of the route is ADA accessible, though unfortunately, not all sections (especially by Gilman Square), though we could be anyone who needs to at the next section.

      Please invite your friends, politicians, activists, etc. from here and from other towns, as the CPX is a regional project, which will connect the Minuteman and Charles River Path networks, along the future Green Line extension.

      Check here for any weather-related updates on the Tour:
      http://www.facebook .com/events/ 536681823014262/

      You can read about our last tour here:
      http://somerville.patch.com/articles/community-path-extension-not-a-done-deal

      Hope to see you there!

      Lynn Weissman
      Friends of the Community Path
      facebook.com/ FriendsoftheComm unityPath
      http://www.pathfrie nds.org/scp/
      (617) 776 7769
      The mission of the Friends of the Community Path is
      to link the Minuteman Bikeway and Charles River Path networks,
      by extending the Community Path along the future Green Line extension.

      "To Lechmere... and Beyond!!"