Re: Bike path on 16

  • kenmedford
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2012
      --- In MedfordBiPeds@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Dickson" <grd@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know when the path from Alewife to the Mystic Valley
      > Parkway is going to be finished? It seems like they did most of it
      > last year but the last sections- between Broadway and Mass Ave where
      > the cemetery is and then the section connecting to the Minuteman
      > where it looks like they are building a bridge over the wetlands- are
      > taking forever. I will be very happy when it is done

      Hi Glenn. I suspect you may already have received you answer to this question, but a fellow Medford rider provided this update today:

      "The boardwalk connecting the greenway to the minuteman trail is complete. There is a section of the greenway starting at Broadway in Somerville which is not yet completed. There is a cemetery there and I don't think there is a right of way to connect the 2 sides of the trail. You can connect the 2 sides by continuing along the Rt 16 bike path on the other side of the brook. This section of the bike path is also not completed but it's passable."

      Safe riding!

      - Ken
    • Ron Newman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2012
        You can also ride through the cemetery itself., entirely on paved paths There is an entrance on Broadway, and another at the end of Teel Street. The Teel Street entrance has a chain across it to keep cars out, so you will have to get off your bike and walk over or under the chain.