Minuteman Trail at Arlington Center - Tues Jan 10 7-9p.

  • Bruce Kulik
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
      There will be a meeting on Tuesday, January 10 from 7-9 pm at Arlington Town
      Hall on Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington Center to present plans for
      closing the gap in the Minuteman Trail at Arlington Center. You can view
      the alternatives that were presented at to the Arlington Board of Selectmen
      on November 21 here:
      http://www.arlingtonma.gov/Public_Documents/ArlingtonMA_DPW/projects/ArlCtrSafeTravel/ACST_MemoPres11212011.pdf

      SHORT URL: http://1.usa.gov/tBG0ni

      And a video of the November presentation here:
      http://vod.acmi.tv/2011/12/selectmen-november-21-2011/
      (starting at offset 10:50)
      SHORT URL: http://bit.ly/uWiiE1

      There is also an official meeting announcement here:
      http://www.arlingtonma.gov/Public_Documents/ArlingtonMA_DPW/projects/ArlCtrSafeTravel/index
      SHORT URL: http://1.usa.gov/vItXiQ

      Bruce Kulik
    • Bruce Kulik
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2012
        No! For information about the proposals, please follow the links provided.
        bk
        You mean they are going to spend money and not put an underpass in. Seems like a waste of money to me.

        On 1/2/2012 8:26 PM, Bruce Kulik wrote:
        There will be a meeting on Tuesday, January 10 from 7-9 pm at Arlington Town
        Hall on Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington Center to present plans for
        closing the gap in the Minuteman Trail at Arlington Center.  You can view
        the alternatives that were presented at to the Arlington Board of Selectmen
        on November 21 here:
        http://www.arlingtonma.gov/Public_Documents/ArlingtonMA_DPW/projects/ArlCtrSafeTravel/ACST_MemoPres11212011.pdf

        SHORT URL: http://1.usa.gov/tBG0ni

        And a video of the November presentation here:
        http://vod.acmi.tv/2011/12/selectmen-november-21-2011/
        (starting at offset 10:50)
        SHORT URL: http://bit.ly/uWiiE1

        There is also an official meeting announcement here:
        http://www.arlingtonma.gov/Public_Documents/ArlingtonMA_DPW/projects/ArlCtrSafeTravel/index
        SHORT URL: http://1.usa.gov/vItXiQ

        Bruce Kulik

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            MedfordBiPeds-digest@yahoogroups.com
            MedfordBiPeds-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Dr. Stephen Paul Linder
        518-569-3933
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012

          Come on, let’s do it right- a big dig for Arlington!  Submerge Mass. Ave and 60 in a tunnel under Arlington Center to give pedestrians and bikes free reign!

          Seriously though,  I look at the proposals and it is a tough call. Although as a bicyclist, 5 makes it easiest to get through there.  As a driver it may make the light cycles longer through there.  I am glad this is being addressed.

          Glenn

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012

            I’m sorry, I was just goofing about the car underpass- any kind of underpass would cost a lot of money I am guessing.  The fixes being suggested, while not ideal, could help a lot and at a much lower price.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
              I was unable to attend the meeting but an attendee posted a summary here:

              http://wordonstreet.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/support-skepticism-for-center-bike-crossing-plans/